* The Centralian meeting for today is for the senior editors only. The meeting will last from 2:30 until 3:00 and will meet in room 267. The meeting for Friday is for the entire staff. We will discuss due dates. Any staff member who cannot attend should see Mrs. Smithers or one of the senior editors. Friday's meeting is also a food fest meeting. Plan to attend and bring something to share.
* The next meeting of the Central Dauphin High School Criminal Justice Club will be held on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 2:45 PM in the school library. Our guest speaker will be Amber Borreli from Dauphin County Victim/Witness. All members are urged to attend.
* The US Naval Academy Parents’ Club of Central PA is sponsoring a bus trip to the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland on Saturday, March 25th. The cost of the trip is $85/person. Anyone interested in going, stop into the College and Career Center for more details.
* Jostens will be in the office on January 19th first thing in the morning if you have any questions or need to purchase the cap and gown for Graduation.
* On Thursday, Jan. 19th after school, the African American Heritage Club and the Justice League will have an organizational membership meeting. The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss the roles and activities the clubs will pursue for the remainder of the school year. If you are a member or want to be a member please attend. This is not a forum to discuss issues.
* The CD Finance Club will meet after school on Monday, January 23rd in room 250.
* The Kiwanis Club of Harrisburg is offering a $2400 scholarship, the awards are based on the following criteria: academic record, community involvement, personal financial need and an interview. There are 8 maximum applications for CDHS, if you think you may qualify, please see Mrs. Bertovic for an application.
* The Colonial Park Rotary offers excellent scholarships for CDHS students, if you are interested in applying to Engineering or Nursing Programs, stop into the College and Career Center to discuss some great opportunities for helping to finance your college education! The Rotary Club has provided incentives for all completed scholarship applications for either of these scholarships.
* The Capital Region Partnership for Career Development provides students with opportunities to learn about a specific career by attending “Career Connections” presentations by professionals working in the field. The next available program is to HACC-main campus, on February 15th, with a focus on Health Sciences. If you are interested in learning more about nursing, dentistry, ultrasound, medical lab technician, or surgical technology, you should consider attending this workshop. See Mrs. Potter in the guidance office to obtain a permission form.
* HACC is sponsoring its Annual Engineering Career Day on Thursday, February 23rd. Students will hear from professional engineers who will discuss employment opportunities, educational & vocational training requirements, and the abilities and interests unique to their fields. The areas of engineering that will be covered are: Architecture, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nanofabrication, and Building Construction Technology. Students interested in attending this event should pick up a permission form from Mrs. Potter in the guidance office, and return it by January 27th.
* Please come out to support the Girls Basketball team for the Lady Rams annual Pink Out game, this Friday vs. Harrisburg HS . Proceeds go towards early detection, treatment, and finding a cure for breast cancer in women.
* Writers and Artists: We need your submissions for the next edition of Green Ink, the school's literary magazine. Please consider sending your work to: CDHSlitmag@gmail.com. For more details about the magazine, pick up a flyer outside of room 260, read our current edition, or ask Ms. Leo. The deadline for this edition is February 3rd.
* Boys Volleyball Open Gym on Thursday. 7:15 - 9:15 pm in the Aux Gym.
* There will be a brief meeting after school on Thursday Jan 19th for any boys interested in Tennis this spring. The meeting will be in Coach Sal’s room 252 at 2:40 pm. Please get a ride home at 3:15. If you cannot make it, please see Coach Sal in Room 252 on Tuesday or Wednesday.
* The first edition of Green Ink has been published! Check out the art and writing talent of your peers in this student magazine. Copies can be found in your English classes, the library, and the computer lab. If you're interested in reading even more stories and poetry, a detailed digital version is available online at CDlitmag.wordpress.com
* The Capital Region Partnership for Career Development provides students with opportunities to learn about a specific career by attending “Career Connections” presentations by professionals working in the field. If you are interested in attending any of these sessions, please stop by the guidance office to pick up a permission form. Tuesday, January 24–focus on Information Technology and Health Sciences at Central Penn College and Tuesday, January 31- focus on Artificial Intelligence at Harrisburg University.
* Refresh wellness workshops: Every Friday in room M1 in the Library during all lunch periods. See You then!
* Seniors applying to any of the 120+ scholarships managed through The Foundation for Enhancing Communities, 2017 applications are now open. Check out their website or Naviance for more information of the scholarships they offer.
* Attention 18 year old males: The Selective Service System keeps a list of people who might be called on to serve our country in a national emergency. All 18 year old men MUST register even if you are not a US citizen. Registering makes you eligible for student financial aid, federal job training and federal jobs. So guys, do yourself and your country a favor – register with the Selective Service within 30 days of your 18th birthday – it’s the law! Visit www.sss.gov to complete the registration process.
* There is a LOST and FOUND area in the main office. Various text books, purses and sweatshirts have been dropped off there. If you have lost something recently you might want to stop by the office and see if it is there.
* This page is updated daily at 5:30 AM. Changes in information after 5:30 AM will not be reflected on this page. If you have any questions, please contact the front office at, 717-703-5360.