* The Class of 2021 is having a fundraiser night at Panera Bread on route 22 from 4-8 pm, on Thursday February 22nd. (Located in the same plaza as Kohl's, Target and Costco.) Please grab a slip from a 2021 officer, from the office OR check out the class of 2021's twitter feed and show a picture of the slip when you stop in and eat! Proceeds will benefit you and the 2020 prom! Please help support our class of 2021!
* Four Diamonds is selling LEIS for a $1.00 Wednesday through Friday during all lunch periods to promote our Hawaiian theme for Mini-Thon Saturday, February 24th.
* The Partnership for Career Development is sponsoring a Business of Wellness career exploration seminar. This is being held on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Representatives will be available from the fields of: emergency medical services, occupational therapy, physical therapy assistant, respiratory therapy technician, surgical technician, mental health profession, memory care, nursing home careers. Added to this original list is an athletic trainer, personal trainer, and nurse. Students must see Mrs. Potter to obtain a permission form, which must be returned by March 1st.
* CD Impact Christian Fellowship Club will be meeting Thursday (2-22-18) at 2:30 in conference room 1. All are welcome to attend.
* The Latin Club yearbook photo will be taken this Friday Feb 23rd after school in room 222. There will be a Latin club meeting immediately after the picture. Even if unable to attend the meeting all members are encouraged to come for the picture if at all possible.
* HACC Midtown is sponsoring a Johns Hopkins University freshman engineering course this summer, called Engineering Innovation. This is for rising juniors and seniors, and will be held Mondays – Thursdays from June 18 – July 20. It is a survey course in which participants explore various fields of engineering, including chemical, civil, computer, electrical, materials, and mechanical engineering. This is a great opportunity to join other high school students in a challenging program to learn how to apply concepts learned in math and science to practical engineering exercises through hands-on labs, team projects and exciting competitions. Visit https://ei.jhu.edu for more information, and to apply.
* There will be a debate club meeting on Friday, February 23 until 3;30. Please make sure you have a ride.
* The next meeting of the CDHS Criminal Justice Club will be held on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 2:45 PM in the School Library. Corporal Brandon Pokrop from the Swatara Township Police Department has been rescheduled from the February 7th meeting that was cancelled due to snow. All members are urged to attend.
* There will be an outdoor track & field team interest meeting held on 2-27-2018 at 2:30 PM until 3:00 PM in the high school cafeteria.
* If you are in the top 20% of your class and have considered attending a US Service Academy, there will be an Information Day sponsored by Senator Toomey and Congressman Dent on March 24th. For more info, please stop into Guidance.
* ImPACT Baseline Concussion Testing for spring sports will take place on Tuesday, February 20th and Tuesday, February 27th after school. ImPACT testing is for all 9th graders who have not tested during the 2017-2018 school year or any 10th through 12th graders who has not taken the ImPACT test before. Please see your coaches for specific testing times or the athletic trainers with questions.
* Penn State College of Medicine is sponsoring its 19th Annual Mini-Medical School. The series is free and open to the public and focuses on important trends in medicine and health. Sessions are held on Tuesday evenings throughout March, from 6:00 – 8:50 p.m. Topics include: What’s New in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sleep Disorders, and Addiction. You are invited to attend one, or all, of the sessions, but you must pre-register at http://bit.ly/minimed2018
* Students interested in volunteering at one of the Pinnacle Health System hospitals this summer should submit an application through their website. The summer volunteer positions are filling up very quickly. Go to www.pinnaclehealth.org > make a gift > volunteer > student volunteers to complete an application.
* Attention CD Students and Staff! Do you want to save money at local businesses? You’re in luck! The Central Dauphin Alumni Association is selling discount cards once again for 2018. Receive special discounts at Meadows Original Frozen Custard, Ted’s Bar and Grill, Taco King, St. Thomas Roasters, Mr. Bob’s Subway, Bumble Bee Hollow Golf Center, Giotti’s, Linglestown Pizza, and many more. There are 38 total discounts this year! All cards are $10 and there is a special buy one, get one free deal through February! For details and questions, please see Mr. Miller in room 112.
* The United States Naval Academy Parent’s Club of Central PA is sponsoring a bus trip to the Naval Academy on Saturday, March 31st. The cost is $90/person. You do have to reserve your seat. For more information, please see Mrs. Bertovic in the College and Career Center.
* Attention 18 year old males: The Selective Service System keeps a list of people who might be called on to serve our country in a national emergency. All 18 year old men MUST register even if you are not a US citizen. Registering makes you eligible for student financial aid, federal job training and federal jobs. So guys, do yourself and your country a favor – register with the Selective Service within 30 days of your 18th birthday – it’s the law! Visit www.sss.gov to complete the registration process.
* There is a LOST and FOUND area in the main office. Various text books, purses and sweatshirts have been dropped off there. If you have lost something recently you might want to stop by the office and see if it is there.
* This page is updated daily at 5:30 AM. Changes in information after 5:30 AM will not be reflected on this page. If you have any questions, please contact the front office at, 717-703-5360.