* The Library will be closed periods 2, 3, 7, 8, and 9.
* The next meeting of the CDHS Criminal Justice Club will be held on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 2:45 PM in the school library. Our guest speaker will be Cpl. Mark Dean from the Pennsylvania State Police and he will have a presentation on criminal photography in police work. All members are urged to attend.
* If your are a student who helps in one of the following rooms: Mrs. Roesch, Mrs Carst, Mrs. Sieke, Mrs. Fickes, Mrs. Dysinger or Mrs. Ward please report to room 108 on Friday morning at 7:40 to get your picture taken for the yearbook.
* So, you a want a career dealing with computers? The next Career Connection Workshop will be TEC360 which will be held at the Capital Area Intermediate Unit on April 25, 2017. This program seeks to increase knowledge of how technology is used in various industries, as well as address soft skills required for employment in technology related fields. Featured industries will include: agriculture, business management, education, finance, health care, hospitality, human services, manufacturing, and public safety. See Mrs. Potter in the guidance office if you are interested in attending this Career Connection Workshop. Deadline to submit permission to attend is April 5.
* Attention Seniors-Please make sure you are checking your school email and Naviance to find upcoming scholarship deadlines, many of the school related scholarships will be due over the next 2 weeks. If you are not sure how to find these scholarships, please stop into the College and Career Center.
* Only 6 days left until the CD Alumni Association scholarship applications are due. So, if you think you have RAM SPIRIT and are planning to attend college, then please think about submitting your application before next Friday, March 31. You could be awarded $1000.00 towards furthering your education. Applications available on Naviance or from Mrs. Bayura in room 253.
* Peer Tutors Needed – Do you excel at academics? Are you willing to help other students with their studies in math, English, social studies, science, or foreign languages? Would you like to earn volunteer hours? Please stop by the guidance office by March 27th and sign up as a peer tutor!
* Have you ever thought about acting but you’be been too afraid to try? Are you an experienced actor whose ready for a new experience? Either way it’s time for Drama fest! Central Dauphin’s student produced one-act festival is back and we need actors! Auditions are after school in the auditorium on Tuesday March 28th. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Proper in room 257. See you there!
* The March Tri-M recital is now being held on Monday, March 27th at 7:00 pm in the auditorium. Please see Kat Edelweiss or Austen Gravy with any questions.
* Attention writers and artists: We need your art and writing to feature in our literary magazine, Green Ink. Please send submissions to: CDHSLitmag@gmail.com. Entries are due by Monday, April 3.
* Applications for the 2017-18 PULSE program are now being accepted! PULSE is Penn State College of Medicine’s educational outreach program which aims to cultivate interest in medicine, biomedical science, and healthcare systems science by introducing passionate learners to medical students, biomedical researchers, and practicing clinicians. The topic for fall 2017 will be Infectious Diseases. Students in grades 9 – 12 who are interested in science and/or medicine are eligible to apply. Applications are available at https://sites.psu.edu/hmcpulse/course-application/
* Echo Dell – Indian Echo Caverns is holding a job fair on Saturday March 25th from 10:00 a.m. till noon. Stop by and apply on the spot for positions in gift shop, animal care, food service, maintenance, grounds keeping and other.
* Students interested in CDHS cheer squads for the 2017-2018 season please join us at open gym every Tuesday beginning March 21 through April 25. Tryouts are April 28 – April 30. Open gyms and tryouts are held at the cheer garage in the CDMS parking lot. Any questions contact Faith Myers at 903-6564.
* If you plan on studying Nursing, please stop into the College and Career Center a.s.a.p. for information on scholarships and prizes you are eligible for!!!!
* Attention seniors who attended North Side Elementary. It is time to "Groove on Back" to North Side to open your time capsule. The event is scheduled at North Side Elementary School in the multipurpose room on Thursday, May 18th from 7:30-8:30. Reconnect with elementary school friends, watch your 5th grade DVD, and receive the letter to your future self. Parents are always invited to attend as well. If you have questions, contact Deb Stover at email@example.com.
* Are you inspired to become a teacher? Do you need a scholarship to help pay for college? Then check out the CENTRAL DAUPHIN EDUCATION ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP! Each year, the teachers of Central Dauphin School District contribute to a scholarship to be awarded to two students (one from each high school) who will be attending a post-secondary institution with the intention of becoming a teacher. Applications for this scholarship can be found on Naviance or in the college and career center. Completed CDEA scholarship applications must be returned to the college and career center by April 12, 2017.
* Seniors if you have made a decision about which college you will be attending, stop into Guidance to fill out and decorate a white or green RAM card to post on the education wall.
* ARE YOU A SENIOR WITH LOTS OF RAM SPIRIT? IF SO, YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR THE CENTRAL DAUPHIN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION RAM PRIDE SCHOLARSHIP. Remember, showing Ram Spirit is not just the cheerleader kind of spirit, it's how you show your sense of loyalty to your alma mater and your community. Scholarship applications are available in the Guidance Office or from Mrs. Bayura in room 253. Deadline is March 31.
* The Colonial Park Rotary offers excellent scholarships for CDHS students, if you are interested in applying to Engineering or Nursing Programs, stop into the College and Career Center to discuss some great opportunities for helping to finance your college education! The Rotary Club has provided incentives for all completed scholarship applications for either of these scholarships.
* Refresh wellness workshops: Every Friday in room M1 in the Library during all lunch periods. See You then!
* Seniors applying to any of the 120+ scholarships managed through The Foundation for Enhancing Communities, 2017 applications are now open. Check out their website or Naviance for more information of the scholarships they offer.
* Attention 18 year old males: The Selective Service System keeps a list of people who might be called on to serve our country in a national emergency. All 18 year old men MUST register even if you are not a US citizen. Registering makes you eligible for student financial aid, federal job training and federal jobs. So guys, do yourself and your country a favor – register with the Selective Service within 30 days of your 18th birthday – it’s the law! Visit www.sss.gov to complete the registration process.
* There is a LOST and FOUND area in the main office. Various text books, purses and sweatshirts have been dropped off there. If you have lost something recently you might want to stop by the office and see if it is there.
* This page is updated daily at 5:30 AM. Changes in information after 5:30 AM will not be reflected on this page. If you have any questions, please contact the front office at, 717-703-5360.